Chemgineering is an international Consulting and Engineering service provider located in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Spain, Mexico, Poland and Serbia. We specialize in creating efficient workflows and realizing high tech projects in various areas of the life science industries like Pharma, Biotech, Fine Chemicals, Medical Devices, Food and Consumer Care and Cosmetics.
Lead Plant Layout Engineer (m/f/d)
General layout engineering
- Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout - Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment; Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model; Carries out an initial check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress monitoring and change management
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model
- General engineer. Experience in one or several areas of engineering: civil engineering, piping engineering, mechanical, safety etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project. Knowledge of the general operation of a biotech/pharma plant and the associated Validation/Quality aspects
- Long professional experience in the field of Pharma/Biotech/Chemicals plant design including 3D Design
- Knowledge of national regulations and guidelines
- Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written)